About the job
Location: New York City; This position will take part in Elevance Health’s hybrid work model which includes remote work and 1-2 days in-office work per week.
The Public Relations Manager is a key role responsible for developing and executing comprehensive public relations strategies to enhance the organization’s reputation and promote its initiatives within the state of New York. This position requires strong communication skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. The PR Manager will be responsible for managing media relations, coordinating public relations campaigns, and ensuring consistent messaging across all communication channels.
How You Will Make an Impact
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and Implement PR Strategies: Create and execute strategic PR plans to enhance the organization’s reputation and promote its initiatives in the state of New York. Align PR strategies with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Media Relations: Build and maintain strong relationships with local and state-level media outlets, journalists, and influencers in New York. Proactively engage with the media to secure positive coverage and manage media inquiries effectively.
- Public Relations Campaigns: Develop and manage integrated public relations campaigns to raise awareness and generate interest in the organization’s activities, programs, and events within New York. Coordinate PR efforts with marketing and communications teams.
- Thought Leadership and Executive Visibility: Develop and implement thought leadership strategies to position key executives as industry experts and spokespersons within the state of New York. Identify speaking opportunities, media interviews, and article placements to enhance executive visibility.
- Crisis Communication: Serve as a key point of contact for managing crisis communication in the state of New York. Develop protocols and strategies to ensure timely and effective response to any potential crises or negative situations.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with internal teams, government agencies, community partners, and other stakeholders to identify and pursue joint PR opportunities and partnerships within New York. Foster positive relationships to enhance the organization’s reputation.
- Content Development: Create compelling press releases, media kits, speeches, articles, and other communication materials to support PR initiatives within New York. Ensure consistent messaging and brand representation.
- Monitoring and Measurement: Monitor media coverage and PR campaign performance within New York. Track and analyze relevant metrics to measure the impact and effectiveness of PR efforts. Provide regular reports and recommendations for improvement.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related area; 7 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- At least 5 years of experience in public relations, with a focus on media relations and strategic communications.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Strong network and relationships with media outlets and journalists in New York.
- Experience in public relations within healthcare, government or nonprofit sector.
- Familiarity with New York state government policies and regulations.
- Experience in crisis communication and issues management.
- Proficiency in using digital media platforms and social media for PR purposes.
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful PR strategies and campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling messages and narratives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Proficiency in media monitoring and PR measurement tools.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.