PR Projects: 70%
This role focuses on worldwide communications efforts that support Bell’s Commercial, Innovation and Military business teams. Example projects may include targeted campaigns for oil and gas, corporate, utility and Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) missions, as well as any new projects developed by Bell’s business teams. Responsibilities may include communications support for executive-level thought leadership initiatives such as panels, keynotes, roundtables and high-profile events. Additional responsibilities include media relations training, pitching media, press release writing, speechwriting, fostering relationships with local reporters, media events and supporting Bell’s global spokesperson bureau with presentations, messaging and materials to drive Bell’s brand messaging.
Content Management: 30%
Additional responsibilities for this role include taking customer-targeted web content from concept to publication. The person in this role will coordinate with a diverse team of company and external contributors, as well as internal departments, to ensure newsroom and brand journalism stays fresh, relevant and engaging. The PR strategist will also develop strategies for generating meaningful content that garners a high volume of traffic and encourages engagement and excitement around Bell and its key priorities. Content typically includes, but is not limited to, written news articles, video interviews and behind-the-scenes features, podcast discussions, and a variety of interactive content. This person is also responsible for managing Bell’s external newsroom page.
Tasks include creating the pipeline of content: brainstorming, writing and assigning work, production, editing and publication. The digital content writer/editor works in conjunction with the entire Marketing and Communications department, within the Public Relations team. Like any newsroom, expect the pace to be fast and deadline driven. Clear communication is a key to success, as is a respectful and professional demeanor that encourages creative cooperation.
- Collaborate with the Brand and Marketing teams to create meaningful strategic communications plans that leverage Bell’s credible brand to heighten brand awareness, connect with new media, participate in “surprising events in unique ways.”
- Establish Bell and SMEs as the go-to experts for campaign needs to deepen credibility and expanding overall presence.
- Develop and execute internal and external content strategy, working with peers in brand engagement and public affairs to ensure consistency of message across the enterprise.
- Develop and execute media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Plan, write, deliver and measure external communications content across multiple channels, including company newsroom, social media, employee messaging and more.
- Coordinate all public relations activities to accomplish campaign needs.
- Work well under pressure, establish realistic schedules and meet deadlines while managing competing priorities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business partners.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate results.
- Make appropriate recommendations regarding communications strategy and timing as required.
- Establish and maintain procedures and processes to ensure that communications activities are carried out on time and in a consistent and efficient manner, in accordance with company commitments and corporate standards.
- Exert some influence on the overall business objectives and long-term goals of the communications function.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in corporate communications, preferably in internal/employee communications, public relations or marketing communications.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Understanding of industry practices and standards in communications
- Proven experience building collaborative relationships with internal and external customers
- Self-starter who can anticipate requests before they are received
- Ability to accommodate working hours of operations in other time zones
- Ability to travel up to 10% as needed.
- Can-do attitude and desire to work with a fun and energetic team of PR pros.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are pioneers
We were the first to break the sound barrier and to certify a commercial helicopter. We were a part of NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we’re defining the future of on-demand mobility.
Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas – as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., – we have strategic locations around the globe. Our talented employees come from more than 90 countries to serve customers spanning across six continents. All to deliver exceptional aircraft experiences. Efficiently. Reliably. And, above all, safely.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.