Marketing Communication Specialist
External Communications Manager
Dir, Digital Marketing
Communications and Employee Engagement Lead
Corporate Communications Manager
Marketing Content Assistant
Employee Relations Specialist
Communications Specialist II
Specialist, Global Communications
Employee Relations Associate
Associate Director of Executive Internal Communication
Corporate Communications Content Writer
Social Media Strategist & Content Creator
Community Affairs Manager
Marketing Manager – SEO
Community Engagement Specialist
Associate Director of Communications
Manager, Advocacy Communication
Lead Communications Specialist / Marketing
Internal Communications Strategist
Assistant Director of Communications, College of Arts & Letters
Director of Communications
Membership Sales Executive
SALARY: $70,000+ FULL COMPENSATION PACKAGE
LOCATION: EAST COAST OR CHICAGO AREA PREFERRED
LOCATION: EAST COAST OR CHICAGO
Director of Marketing
SALARY: $100,000+ FULL COMPENSATION
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME, HYBRID
Communications Lead, Santander Auto
Team Lead – US Corporate Sustainability and Social Impact
Employee Relations Manager
Communications Manager, Government Affairs
Global Internal Communications Manager, Worldwide Customer Service Communications
HR Knowledge & Content Manager
Diversity Equity and Inclusion Specialist
Assistant Manager, Global Marketing
Digital Marketing Manager
Crisis Communications Manager
Executive Communications Lead – Customer Success
Internal Communications Director
Senior Director, Marketing Strategy
Brand Strategy Manager
Senior Director, Marketing Strategy
Live Fully at Marriott International – #1 Leader in Hospitality
At Marriott International, you have the opportunity to grow in your career, work with teammates that feel like family, and help make our world a better place.
The Marriott International HQ, located at 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, 20814 is currently hiring a Senior Director, Marketing Strategy.
The Senior Director of Marketing Strategy is a key leader on the Global Brand & Marketing extended leadership team, serving as the strategic and analytical lead on key marketing and brand initiatives. She/he will be a thought leader and strategic partner interacting with internal and external constituencies, including Officer-level and c-suite level stakeholders, to build effective marketing and brand strategies by bringing data/analysis to bear on business challenges.
This role will serve as the global leader for Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI) as a function, overseeing all efforts to optimize the impact of our hundreds of millions of dollars of annual marketing spend. In this role, you will envision the future state return on marketing investment, build the operating model, develop the plan to roll it out globally across all marketing teams (in partnership with Analytics), and then manage the execution and ongoing tracking. This role requires someone with a strong analytical toolkit as well as significant experience in global, large-scale transformations. Additionally, it is an inherently global and cross-functional role because there are numerous teams with marketing dollars (e.g., paid media, partnerships, continent teams, loyalty, etc.) and there must be governance, processes and reporting in place to support all teams.
The Senior Director of Marketing Strategy will lead various other business-critical marketing and brand initiatives (e.g., Marriott Media network growth strategy, marketing/analytics operating model, etc.). While projects will vary, they will involve managing cross-functional stakeholders/processes, gathering relevant data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses to improve brand and marketing efforts and drive better business outcomes (i.e., improve short-term revenue and long-term brand building ROI). Core partners include Analytics, Loyalty, the Brand teams, Digital, Finance and CX.
Overall, this role is an exciting opportunity to help shape marketing strategy for Marriott International while gaining robust exposure and experience across many aspects of marketing.
Education and Experience Required
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Strategy Consulting, Banking/Finance, Market Research, Marketing Analytics or similar analytical role
- 3+ years of managerial experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and strategy expertise (e.g., structuring and analyzing ambiguous problems, independently conducting analyses driving implications from complex data)
- Strong analytical skills – demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex data sets from a variety of internal and external sources, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions
- Expertise with data analysis in Excel
- Demonstrated ability to shape data-driven narratives about customer and brand opportunities
- Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams, using data and insights to influence decision-making
- Sensitivity to global communication needs
Education and Experience Preferred
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree (e.g., data science, business analytics)
- Knowledge of marketing and media, including trends, analytics and approaches to marketing experiment/pilot design (e.g., matched-market, A/B, pre/post, people-based, etc.)
- Expertise with data analysis tools such as SQL, Python, R and Tableau
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Marketing Lead for all Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI) work
- Lead Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI) as a global function – setting the vision, determining the right operating model, creating the roll-out roadmap, and leading team and external partners to execute
- Ensure executive leadership buy-in on ROMI and alignment with the strategic direction of ROMI with key cross-functional partners (e.g., finance leadership, continent presidents, global officers, etc.)
- Partner with Analytics team and external partners to ensure our full-funnel market measurement toolkit (i.e., models, experimentation, etc.) meets our marketing business needs
- Establish and manage processes to incorporate marketing performance measurement into budgeting & governance processes
- Develop and monitor key marketing performance metrics related to ROMI and LTV
- Derive insights from marketing performance tracking to drive improved allocation of marketing spend (balancing short-term returns and long-term brand building)
- Lead marketing performance reporting across all levels of the company and globally to ensure comparability, accuracy and focus on the right business metrics for the right audience (e.g., senior execs vs. marketing operators)
- Define global marketing strategy
- Develop long-term marketing strategies, including identifying future skill, capabilities, ways of working and tech needs and the roadmap to implement.
- Maintain an external mindset, including staying on top of consumer, competitive, and industry trends (e.g., changes in data privacy landscape) and identify opportunities to incorporate new strategies or tactics into our marketing approach.
- Continuously evaluate and refine marketing strategies and tactics to ensure they remain effective and in line with evolving market trends and customer preferences.
- Lead key marketing strategy projects in partnership with marketing leadership team
- Partner with other marketing leaders (e.g., head of paid media, head of owned channels, loyalty team, etc.) on key business challenges that they face
- Deconstruct business challenges to understand root causes, determine appropriate quantitative and qualitative analyses required to solve, derive insights from data and translate them into actionable strategies
- Collaborate with partner teams to gather data, information, and perspectives
- Manage stakeholders across teams to drive forward processes and support roll-out of key projects
- Deliver executive communication and demonstrate significant influence management skills
- Build “executive-ready” decks and frequently present to senior executives (global officers, c-suite) and large audiences (owner groups)
- Translate challenging, technical topics into narratives that can be understood by audiences with varying levels of background/understanding
- Shape narratives using data and insights to ensure comprehension of key challenges, insights and proposed actions
- Gain credibility with senior leaders while challenging the status quo
California Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $123,975.00 to $275,021.00 annually.
Colorado Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $123,975.00 to $250,016.00 annually.
New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $150,011.00 to $275,021.00 annually.
Washington Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $123,975.00 to $275,021.00 annually. In addition to the annual salary, the position will be eligible to receive an annual bonus. Employees will accrue 0.4616 PTO balance for every hour worked and eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrollment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media. | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.