Cooley is seeking a Senior Internal Practice Communications Specialist to join the Marketing & Business Development team.
Position summary: Under the supervision of the Senior Internal Communications Manager, the Senior Internal Communications Specialist will serve as the lead on the firm’s two core practice areas by managing and executing internal communications initiatives across the firm’s global business and litigation departments. With an added strategic focus on strengthening communications across practices to build awareness around key initiatives, client successes, thought leadership and resources, the role will work closely with the department heads, leaders and attorneys as well as strongly collaborate with the internal communications team, practice marketing teams and the firm’s broader marketing, digital and creative teams to achieve key deliverables and metrics.
The overarching goal is to support Cooley’s full spectrum of content, media and other related marketing, branding and reputational activities as well as amplify Cooley’s distinctive brand and culture through internal communications. Work is defined by the goals, objectives and policies of the marketing department. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop internal communications strategy with business and litigation department leadership for increased integration and collaboration between departments
- Determine strategic priorities and talking points for internal communications initiatives, including providing lead communications support for townhalls and department and partner meetings
- Serve as project management lead on maintaining editorial calendar for internal communications initiatives across departments and practices, tracking status updates and deliverables
- Collaborate with practice marketing teams on how the departments and practices can effectively communicate cross-marketing opportunities, capabilities and timely updates
- Collaborate with creative and digital teams on developing client and practice-focused multimedia and interactive digital communications
- Assist with developing and managing the internal communications editorial calendar and providing organization and project status updates, in close coordination with senior internal communications manager
- Support drafting of leadership messages and other executive communications, as directed by senior internal communications manager and communications director
- Serve as strategic support on executing special projects and campaigns, including providing support on diversity, equity and inclusion communications
- Provide editorial support for all internal communications features and deliverables to enhance engagement and add content value
- Strong team builder who is able to both collaborate effectively and efficiently as well as work independently to achieve results
- All other duties as assigned or required
Skills and experience:
- Ability to work extended and/or weekend hours, as required
- Ability to travel, as required
- 5+ years’ experience in corporate communications
- Expertise in copy editing and proofing skills
- Detailed knowledge of AP style guide
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, media, business, English, communications or related field
- Experience in law firm or professional services arena, preferably with a strong background in communications, marketing and/or business development
- Working knowledge of professional services industries
- Self-starter who is able to work in a demanding, project-based environment
- Ability to work with little direct supervision, in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, work well under pressure and coordinate sophisticated marketing programs with good results
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Knowledge and passion for business, tech and legal sectors and media verticals
- Assertive, but flexible as to style; must be able to handle tense situations and interact with various personalities and communication styles at all levels in the organization
- Strong analytic and research skills
- Strong ability to function well as a team member and facilitator
- Exhibit high energy and genuine enthusiasm for law firm marketing and communications activities and goals while maintaining a healthy, competitive spirit
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Comprehensive, accurate note taking
- Ability to develop professional relationships with department members, attorneys and firm staff
- Reliable and punctual
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Cooley offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package and is committed to fair and equitable employment practices. EOE.
The expected annual pay range for this position is $70,000 – $110,000. Please note that final offer amount will be dependent on geographic location, applicable experience and skillset of the candidate.
We offer a full range of elective benefits including medical, health savings account (with applicable medical plan), dental, vision, health and/or dependent care flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, life insurance, AD&D, long-term care coverage, backup care for children and/or adults and other parental support benefits. In addition to elective benefit options, benefited employees receive firm-paid life insurance, AD&D, LTD, short term medical benefits as well as 21 days of Paid Time Off (“PTO”) and 10 paid holidays each year. We provide generous parental leave and fertility benefits. New employees will attend a detailed benefit orientation to learn more about our many benefits and resources.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.