Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman’s Aeronautics Systems sector is looking for a Manager of Site Communications who is passionate about informing and inspiring Aeronautics employees across our various sites, and can be a strategic partner to our local leadership teams. Your communications expertise will play a critical role in the company’s mission and in advancing aeronautics.
This position may be in San Diego, Palmdale or Redondo Beach, California and may require travel up to 10% of the time.
How you will make a difference:
- Lead, develop and motivate a team of Communications professionals chartered to strengthen the corporate brand reputation, champion a winning culture and build employee pride.
- Develop, implement and measure omni-channel communications plans to support local business objectives and reinforce sector imperatives.
- Partner with Global Corporate Responsibility to support Northrop Grumman’s community engagement
- Partner with Government Relations to support civic affairs initiatives, specifically local leadership involvement.
- Oversee the site newsletter strategy; review, edit and approve weekly content.
- Provide executive communications by developing and editing local leadership announcements, webcasts, videos, presentations, talking points, speeches, executive summaries, and content for internal websites.
- Be a storyteller – Direct and shape local story opportunities to produce a diverse array of inspirational editorial content that supports our business goals and Communications objectives.
- Gather and analyze site communications metrics to form strategic insights, then make recommendations to improve our practices, processes and channels to ensure communications efficiently and effectively inform and inspire all employees, including those working in manufacturing and restricted areas.
- Participate in cross-sector groups to support enterprise campaigns.
- Lead site-level crisis communications planning and response, inclusive of Covid-19 communications. Co-lead sector crisis communications.
- Support change management communications activities.
- Provide communications recommendations to promote virtual and onsite events to employees.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and work in partnership with other leaders to integrate messages and methods in support of broader business priorities. Act as an advisor to executive leadership, providing insights, perspective and counsel on reputational strategies and issues.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Have experience leading, developing and empowering a team of communications professionals to inform and inspire employees and drive business goals.
- Are an adventurous, self-motivated, collaborative communications strategist who thrives in fast-paced environments and enjoys a variety of projects to work on simultaneously, can reprioritize quickly and consistently meet deadlines.
- Are disciplined in measuring the impact of our communications campaigns, plans and tactics.
- Are an excellent teammate and leader who can learn from others and agrees empowerment is a winning strategy to generate meaningful outcomes.
- Are a stellar project manager who lives by prioritization, and possess a borderline-annoying attention to detail.
- Have experience developing, executing and measuring integrated, strategic communication plans, modifying approach, when needed, to address feedback and metrics.
- Possess excellent writing, copy-editing, proofing and presentation skills.
- Have an ability to digest complex concepts and communicate them in simple, effective ways.
- Proven organizational skills to guide the maintenance of Communications systems and standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field with a minimum of 7 years of experience managing communications projects, channels or campaigns, drafting communication content, materials and products -OR- 5 years of experience with a Master’s Degree in a related field with similar communications project experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong problem solving, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Associated Press Style.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to obtain and retain DoD Secret Clearance
- Prior management experience
Salary Range: $130,500.00 – $195,700.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/), we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by their start date. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of their start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
What’s great about Northrop Grumman
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.