About the job
About Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins is a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation, and collaboration.
About The Role
The Social Media Manager is an integral part of Latham’s Brand & Communications team. This role will be responsible for the continued development and implementation of the firm’s social media strategy , while leading strategic review of the firm’s social media presence, including providing counsel on integration of social media activities with the firm’s brand and communications program, development of policies, and governance. This role will be located in our Global Services Office located in downtown Los Angeles. Please note that this role may be eligible for a flexible working schedule that allows for a hybrid and in-office presence.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Other key responsibilities include:
- Playing an integral role in the design and development of a comprehensive digital communications and social media strategy, and incorporating multiple social media platforms in creative and innovative ways
- Working with colleagues to develop integrated, multi-channel communications campaigns and programs to support internal stakeholders and reach external target audiences
- Promoting social media tactics as a fundamental part of the Brand & Communications media mix and ensuring social media/digital communications approach is aligned with firm’s website and digital media strategy
- Supporting the development and growth of the firm’s presence and effectiveness within multiple social media platforms
- Coordinating with the digital media team across the global platforms
- Developing and delivering internal social media training presentations and workshops for lawyers and staff
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Possess excellent communication, language, listening skills, including creative writing and editing skills and tone of voice attention to detail, to ensure proper and efficient proofreading and writing
- Stay abreast of social media developments, emerging technologies, communications best practices and trends in social and digital media
- Exhibit highly developed experience communicating within various social and digital media platforms.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, PR/Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field
- Experience working in digital communications / social media, and providing strategic counsel and hands-on execution, particularly in a professional services / B2B context
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience; demonstrable experience developing and implementing social media initiatives for a professional services firm or company
Benefits & Additional Information
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding career opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Healthcare, life and disability insurance
- A generous 401k plan
- At least 11 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure
- Well-being programs (e.g. mental health services, mindfulness and resiliency, medical resources, well-being events, and more)
- Professional Development programs
- Employee discounts
- And more!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Latham & Watkins is committed to diversity, equal opportunity, sustainability, and pro bono legal services. We draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world’s leading law firms, and advance these commitments through the work of our Global Citizenship department. Our lawyers, paralegals, and professional staff worldwide comprise a rich mixture of different races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, cultures, and primary languages. Our diversity makes us who we are.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.