Blogs with “partial information” are okay to some. Plus, are social media managers at risk for extinction?
Blogs: 70 percent of the news fit to print; the rest is up to you.
TechCrunch blogger Erick Schonfeld admitted last week that the blog’s philosophy is “it is better to get 70 percent of a story up fast and get the basic facts right than to wait another hour (or a day) to get the remaining 30 percent.”
At last check Technorati ranked TechCrunch, which profiles Internet products and companies, as the most authoritative blog on the Web. Over 753,000 people subscribe to it. News agencies from CBS News to the Wall Street Journal extract information from the site.
And it strives to get 70 percent of the story right. “Scary news,” said PRNewser blogger Joe Ciarallo. “Especially if you’re client is involved in a ’70 percent post.’”