It’s that time of year again: time to give buzzwords the buzz saw.
The folks at Houston PR, a U.K. firm, have updated its list of overused industry catchphrases.
Last year, the firm inducted winners such as “evangelist,” “deliverables” and “SoLoMo” (my favorite) to the buzzword hall of infamy.
But there are even more words you should avoid in 2015.
I picked out a few, and suggested some alternate translations below (but you probably shouldn’t use those, either):
15. Snackable content: NLE;DR, or, “not long enough; didn’t read”
14. Co-opetition: haters gonna hate each other together.
13. Negativity: reality
12. Landmark achievement: an event scheduled outside the local Landmark Cinema
11. Big data: big(ger) revenue
10. Collegiate approach: amateur hour