Ragan Communications has been delivering trusted news, training and intelligence for more than 50 years to internal and external communicators, HR professionals and business executives via its conferences, webinars, training, awards, subscriptions and membership divisions. Its daily news sites—PRDaily.com and Ragan.com—are read by more than 600,000 internal and external communicators monthly. Its Communications Leadership Council is one of the fastest-growing membership groups for communications executives and its PR Leadership Network is the go-to membership group for PR, marketing and social media professionals. Ragan's Workplace Wellness Insider serves HR, wellness and communications professionals. Ragan is also the producer of Communications Week, which is held Nov. 1-7. Ragan is headquartered in Chicago, with team members spanning the country and loyal customers worldwide. Visit www.ragan.com.
Ragan Communications’ Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Dear Ragan community,
We have a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion within our own organization, as well as using the Ragan platform to advocate for change in our industry and beyond. We are continuously taking the time to educate ourselves, raise awareness and have much-needed conversations around social injustice. With the help of an internal committee and industry advisors, we have established goals to create a more racially diverse workforce, advance representation and equity for marginalized groups in the communications industry, and amplify the voices and issues impacting underrepresented groups.
We make these commitments to ourselves, to our colleagues and to you. We intend to accomplish many of the following goals in the upcoming months with the acknowledgement that real change requires consistent and sustained focus:
- Partner with external organizations to diversify our hiring pool and ensure 25% of new hires across all job titles at Ragan in the next three years will be BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, people of color).
- Amplify the faces and voices of BIPOC by ensuring they are always represented in our editorial content and speaker lineups.
- Donate time and money on a quarterly basis to groups promoting racial and social justice.
- Offer more programming and content to our audience that will improve understanding and advancement of racial justice, and diversity, equity and inclusion. These include two Diversity & Inclusion conferences and workshops in August and September of 2020, and the launch of the D&I Collaborative within Ragan’s Communications Leadership Council.
- Continuously educate ourselves on how we can improve our efforts to create a more fair and welcoming workplace that reflects our diverse world. The Ragan team completed its first unconscious bias training in July 2020, and Ragan’s D&I Committee is dedicated to keeping management and the entire staff accountable.
We have seen so many of you make similar commitments and we are proud to be a part of a community dedicated to using its power and platform to benefit all. There is a lot of work to be done and we hope to continue to serve you in this urgent and overdue conversation. Please reach out to us with your story, your ideas, your needs.
The Ragan Team
A Brief History:
Lawrence Ragan Communications is named for its founder, the dean of organizational communicators. With Lawrence Ragan's death in 1995, his son Mark Ragan—now owner and publisher—leads the organization.