2. Blog post titles that promise enlightenment but deliver platitudes.
3. The word curation.
4. Pop-up ads.
5. Websites that speak. If we want to hear your video, we’ll play it. We will be annoyed and startled if your site starts talking amongst our 25 tabs and six windows.
6. Crazy quilt, migraine-inducing Twitter backgrounds.
7. Posting on Facebook as if it’s Twitter. The great thing about different social mediums is they have different implied rules. We will un-like you if you treat Facebook like it’s Twitter and post every hour.
8. Websites without phone numbers. Good news: We want to buy $100,000 worth of your stuff. Bad news: We’re too lazy to fill out your 10-field contact form, so we’ll just order from your competitor with the 800 number.