To further the fun, here are 20 signs you work in corporate communications.
1. You send your friends’ emails back to them with the jargon highlighted (and they’re used to it).
2. You have a gray streak in your hair as a result of trying to explain that allowing employees to comment on intranet content will not result in the apocalypse.
3. You have the corporate lawyers on speed dial but you relegate their emails to the (oops!) trash folder.
4. You know that “creative” and “likely to get approved” are mutually exclusive.
5. You spend time surfing iStockphoto yearning for a budget so you don’t have to use horrible photos of wooden people standing in a row in your publications.
6. You understand that “executive communication” is an oxymoron.
7. You regularly interrupt strangers on the bus to correct their grammar.
8. Related: You carry Wite-Out to remove superfluous apostrophes on storefront signs.
9. You become catatonic upon hearing the word “approvals.”