PR is an industry that gets into your blood.
Though pros may differ in their practices and settings—from agency to in-house—there are a number of telltale signs all PR veterans can identify with, and that many wear as badges of honor.
We wouldn’t have it any other way.
You know you work in PR when:
1. You tell people that PR stands for “public relations,” but they have no idea what you do.
2. You carry yourself with grace when dealing with media, analysts, or influencers because it can affect the reputation of the company (or end up on Twitter).
3. You’re frustrated by the ongoing debate about the value of press releases because you spend most of your time writing them.
4. You get excited when you hear about a new customer success story that would definitely get picked up by media.
5. Your day starts and ends with a cup of coffee.
6. You proudly put “PR pro” in your Twitter bio, knowing it’s the one place you don’t have to explain your job.
7. Your smartphone sleeps with you every night. Your other half does not.