As a Gen Yer, I’m aware that I was part of the first generation to grow up with the Internet and cell phones. But I can’t help to think about all the things that I grew up with that Gen Z (that’s anyone under the age of 18) and future generations won’t know about.
Here’s my somewhat nostalgic list of all the things people who grew up in the ’90s know how to do that is now obsolete.
1. How to save a file on a floppy disc
2. The Dewey Decimal System
3. Dial-Up Internet
4. When AOL used to be the sh*t
5. How to record something on a VHS tape
6. When all you could do on a cellular phone was talk
7. The point of a pager/beeper
9. How to place a collect call
10. How to find your way using only a map and no GPS