(Editor’s note: This was one of the top viewed stories of 2014. We’re rerunning it as part of a look back at the articles that captivated our readers the most.)
A well-organized LinkedIn profile is essential.
Melonie Dodaro, Canada’s No. 1 LinkedIn expert, lists 21 requirements for making your LinkedIn profile awesome:
1. The section for your name should only contain your name.
2. Your headline should be catchy, and include key words and phrases that you would want to turn up in Google search results.
3. A professional photo.
4. At least 500 connections. Social proof is important online. It leads to credibility and authority on the Web.
5. All relevant contact information.
6. Customized website names to attract your target market.
7. Customized profile URL.
8. Daily status updates to provide value to your network. Share your latest blog post, presentation or content worth passing along.
9. Key words and phrases under which you want people to find you and your business.