Your established company or startup is hardly from the only game in town, and a limited number of business editors cover your particular niche.
Journalists receive endless requests to cover companies and leaders just like yours. It’s impossible for editors to respond to everyone, regardless of how deserving your product, service or event might be.
Here are simple ways you can elevate your brand and generate positive buzz:
1. Tweet, “like” and share your own content, but engage with other businesses as well.
2. Create an industry-specific blog post that answers common questions or shows how to overcome an obstacle.
3. Find an industry-relevant conference where you can participate as a speaker.
4. Get involved in your local community, whether through philanthropy, activism, events or politics.
5. Call a business journalist at a local news outlet, and request an informational. This is far easier than you might think.
6. Follow and engage with journalists on Twitter and Instagram. Become a helpful resource for them.