Has the fan activity on your Facebook page stalled? Is your “People talking about this” number shrinking instead of growing?
The solution might be simple: You need to post better status updates.
If you need inspiration, take a look at this infographic from ShortStack and The Social Skinny. It lists 10 tips for writing better Facebook posts.
[FREE GUIDE: 3 helpful tips for your crisis comms prep]
Here are a few examples:
1. Endorse something. If you’re sharing someone else’s content, offer your opinion. Adding “great tips” or “helpful piece” will change the way people react to your post.
2. Inspire action. If you post a cool image, ask fans to pin it on Pinterest.
3. Use images with text. To make your post stand out in your people’s news feeds, overlay text on an image.
4. Add a P.S. In email marketing, adding a “P.S.” to the end of an email has been proven to grab readers’ attention.
5. Tell people what to expect. If you’re linking to a video or article, tell your fans how long it is. They’ll appreciate it.
To see the rest of the tips, take a look at the full graphic: