Get ready for round two, because the same folks created a second infographic with even more misunderstood words. The list features words that many people think mean one thing, but actually mean something different.
Here are a few misunderstood words from this edition, along with the correct definitions:
1. Continual: duration over a long period of time, not necessarily without interruption
2. Moot: open for debate, an assembly of authoritative persons, or an argument or discussion
3. Less: a smaller amount of uncountable nouns
4. Nauseous: to induce nausea
5. Proscribe: to denounce, banish, outlaw or exile
Study up on these words, communicators. I think most of us would be embarrassed to see a “misused words, part three” infographic.