A vulnerability audit is one of the most powerful crisis management tools available. Designed to ferret out unknown dangers or flaws in crisis planning, this test will allow you to shore up your defenses before a crisis actually hits.
Take this vulnerability audit and see if you need help getting your business on a crisis track.
1. Who is on your crisis team? Pick people who can think on their feet, are good spokespeople, and have related experience. Do not choose the CEO.
2. Do you have friends in your court if you need them? This would include reporters, regulators, inspectors, politicians, police, etc.
3. Do you monitor possible problems that could lead to a crisis, like employee relationships, safety issues, confidentiality issues or termination problems?
4. Do you have a written book of company policies?
5. Do you have a list of emergency numbers or cell phone numbers to reach managers/owners at a second’s notice?