AI Certificate Course
Elevating strategy, creativity and content with AI
March 6, 13, and 20 | 1-3 p.m. ET | Three consecutive modules
Our curriculum, classroom collaboration and instructors will help future-proof your communications — and career.
By now, you’ve likely experimented with or added some AI to your content creation efforts. But that doesn’t mean you’re using the very latest AI platforms, prompts and protections. If you want to stay relevant, generate smarter strategies and produce stellar content faster while leveling up your skills and job security, this is one course you can’t afford to miss.
This series is the launch pad you need ensure your content strategy, production and results rise above the competition — all by learning principles and best practices for using generative AI tools like ChatGPT 4.0 (with Dall-E), Bard, Bing.AI, Jasper, Writer, Claude, Microsoft CoPilot and more.
Join practiced, authoritative guides in AI and an instructor who helped shape a marketing organization’s AI policies and processes to harness your own AI superpowers. You’ll learn to galvanize everything from content creation to audience engagement — all while ensuring your organization, brand identity and voice are protected.
Join to leverage AI to improve your efficiencies, content and results. You’ll receive assignments and a certificate of completion. NOTE: Please come with an account that includes ChatGPT 4. Options include Perplexity AI, Copy.ai, Jasper, Google Gemini, Writer, Claude, ChatGPT or Bing.AI.
AI is moving fast. Keep up and enhance your skills by learning how to use the latest features of the best generative AI tools for communication and content creation. We’ll arm you with the strategies, prompts and methods you’ll need to transform AI into your content partner and greatest competitive advantage. You’ll learn:
- What’s new: Where we are in the AI hype bubble, the top generative AI trends of 2024—and how recent executive orders and around AI impact you and your job.
- Platform updates: The latest AI launches and how to act on them—from Google’s Gemini launch to Amazon’s Q and beyond.
- How to determine which AI tools are best for your organization and audience.
- Anatomy of successful AI prompts: Formulas and prompt cheats you can apply today.
- Customizing AI: A step-by-step guide to train AI with your org’s foundational assets and target personas.
Breakout 1: Use AI to build a marketing persona.
Breakout 2: Use AI to analyze the tone of a provided event brief and make recommendations on what assets to create targeted to your persona.
- Poll your team to understand a. If they are currently using GenAI. b. If the tool they are using is sanctioned. c. What tool they are using. d. If there is a usage policy in place.
- Build a content or comms strategy targeting your persona based on the GPT’s recommendations and your org’s foundational knowledge asset.
Now that you have the basics of prompts and AI tools like ChatGPT down, let’s translate these principles into improving your writing and content generation. Discover how to quickly craft tailored, compelling copy and images for any type of communications content—from emails to blogs, white papers, social media posts, press releases, slides, video and more. You’ll learn:
- Brainstorming and planning: How to use Gen AI to generate big ideas, refine any existing written content and streamline writing workflow processes.
- Writing with AI: Writing guidelines, steps and examples you can apply now to quickly craft more creative, clear, accurate and compelling copy that meets editorial standards.
- Image and video generation: A deep-dive walkthrough and easy hacks for using Dall-E within ChatGPT—plus a review of other video creation and editing tools.
- Hero content creation: We’ll workshop how to create cornerstone content for your brand and repurpose it across top communications outputs, including:
- White papers
- Social media posts
- Press releases
- Multimedia bonus: A deep dive into tapping GenAI to plan and produce highly shareable podcasts and video—including how to address ethical and legal concerns.
Breakout 1: Based on your persona-targeted plan from last week, use any tool to generate up to three assets with aligned imagery. Refine based on prompt guidelines. We'll also engage in a creative exercise with a twist.
- Using GenAI, design AI writing guidelines for your organization.
- Sketch out a draft plan for your own AI Council, including who would be involved.
Just because you can now quickly produce AI-enabled copy and images doesn’t mean you’re truly advancing your career, results and reputation as a strategic communicator. This session outlines how to successfully measure the impact of your AI content—while putting systems in place to ensure your AI usage is sustainable, strategic and safe. You’ll learn:
- Measurement deep dive: How to monitor the effectiveness of your AI efforts, including:
- A list of the best AI analytics tools for communicators.
- How to measure gen AI’s impact on content and adjust accordingly.
- How to measure AI’s impact on content teams (examples and insights into gathering metrics like increased productivity, job satisfaction and more).
- Making AI real: How to create an internal AI committee or council—plus how to draft AI policies and guidelines for your team that can address challenges and risks, including:
- Navigating AI copyright, bias, misinformation, legal and security issues—and how to include these protections in your AI policies.
- Managing up: How to ensure leadership buy-in for your AI efforts (and budget) by creating a small, manageable pilot program to showcase benefits and wins.
- Ideas to borrow: Proven examples and use cases to build out in your own organization.
- What’s next: A recap of top AI opps and threats like bias and deep fakes—plus what you must know about AI integration and DEI.
Breakout 1: Compare your two homework assignments from week prior and make refinements based on content presented in today’s final course, taking into consideration the need for AI ethics and bias mitigation.
(Exclusive for Attendees)
- The Updated ChatGPT Prompt Cheat Sheet
- The Ultimate Guide to AI Marketing
- The AI Terms Cheat Sheet for Marketers and Communicators
- AI for Content Marketing: The Blueprint
- AI Trends in Marketing Communications: The Complete Evolution
- How AI Advances Affect Email Tactics
GAIN VALUABLE INSIGHTS & SKILLS
IN 7 AREAS UPON COMPLETION:
- AI toolbox: Top AI apps for communicators, including a deep dive into ChatGPT, Dall-E, Jasper, Writer and Claude — plus an overview of MSFT CoPilot, MidJourney useful GPTs for communicators.
- Creativity and brainstorming: Easy AI techniques to generate winning ideas for newsletters, blogs, social media posts, landing page copy, emails, video and images.
- The anatomy of persona-based AI prompts: How to craft effective persona-based prompts — and use foundational knowledge docs to improve your outputs.
- Writing, image creation and video generation: A deep dive into how to harness AI tools for better creativity and brainstorming content creation.
- AI policies and guidelines: AI policies to borrow and make your own — plus how to create an AI style guide that reflects your organization’s voice and values.
- Strategy and measurement: Using AI to analyze data, extract insights and make smarter decisions for your comms strategies.
- CYA meets AI: Navigating AI copyright, bias, misinformation, legal and security issues.
Top reasons to attend this virtual certificate course
- You’ll listen to and interact with the nation’s top AI experts.
- You’ll receive an AI Certificate.
- You’ll get access to all presentations and an on-demand recording of the course.
- You’re guaranteed extensive, how-to instruction you can use immediately.
- You can attend this immersive course in small segments over 3 weeks.
Secure your seat today for this renowned AI course offered by Ragan, and elevate your communications plans, posts and performance using today’s leading AI tools.
If you can’t attend one or more of the modules live, you will receive the on‑demand versions to complete the course.
Communications and marketing professionals from these organizations have earned certificates:
This advanced course is designed to help you enhance your strategic planning and content creation capabilities by leveraging the latest AI generation tools to help you produce better work, faster—so you get the results and recognition you deserve, along with the Certificate of Completion!