Train ➡ Test ➡ Transform
Drive culture change • Create a more inclusive workforce Take a leadership role • Promote civility and respect • Disrupt biases • Amplify marginalized voices • Launch closer partnerships with ERGs • Draft a DE&I communications plan
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) has grown from buzz phrase to business priority. But to succeed, it must be supported by a strategy, measurable goals and a communication plan that propels your mission.
That’s where communicators come in. This four-module virtual course will improve your understanding and competencies around effective DE&I communications plans and programs. The curriculum and bonus guests will help you contribute to a more successful DE&I program—one that truly harnesses the diverse talents of your workforce and creates a more inclusive culture.
Join Kim Clark (Ragan Consulting Group), Vanessa Charles (Boston Scientific), Joseph Dawson (Freddie Mac), Aerial Ellis (PRSA Foundation), Deborah L. Johnson (Executive Leadership Diversity Institute, UCLA) and Janet Stovall (NeuroLeadership Institute) to assert a stronger role for yourself in DE&I, create a custom DE&I action plan and deliver a DE&I communications strategy that builds a respectful and inclusive future for your workforce.
TOP 12 SKILLS YOU’LL MASTER UPON COMPLETION:
- Test and assess your organization’s DE&I
- Evaluate and improve your own DE&I IQ
- Take a stronger leadership role in DE&I efforts
- Understand, spot and remedy stereotypes and biases in communications
- Draft a tailored DE&I communications plan based on templates and best practices
- Measure what matters by setting meaningful goals and objectives
- Launch a close partnership with ERGs for culture moments and social justice issue collaboration
- Choose the best channels, content and messages to promote DE&I initiatives
- Use inclusive language in all your communications (you’ll get a guide to help)
- Assess employee DE&I engagement with tools like pulse surveys
- Tell your diversity story inside and outside the organization
- Celebrate DE&I successes to drive more organizational change
CLASSROOM MATERIALS (Exclusive for Participants):
- The Implicit Bias Test
- Check Your Privilege Quiz
- DE&I IQ Short Assessment
- The RCG DE&I Communications Guide
- Inclusive Language Checklist
- Diversity Style Guide (Access to Over 700 Terms and Phrases)
- DE&I Organizational Assessment Grid
Includes DE&I Certificate Upon Completion of Course
Ragan Communications is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 7 PDCs.
It’s put up or shut up time for DE&I. Join to hone the skills you need to help create, execute and measure a DE&I program for your organization. You’ll receive a certificate of completion and a DE&I communications plan outline you can tailor to your organization.
Too many DE&I programs fail to go beyond good intentions. That ends here. This session will give you a roadmap that advances diversity at your organization—and your role in it. You’ll learn:
- The FAQ: What DE&I is really about—busting myths and misconceptions
- The “Why of DE&I”: How to discover your organization’s deeper DE&I purpose
- The communicator’s role: Your part in empowering DE&I across the organization
- How to work with HR and other departments—and when to take the lead
- Advanced allyship and accompliceship for communicators
- First steps: Dipping into inclusive language and visual representation
- Take the Implicit Bias Test
- Take the Check Your Privilege Quiz
- Take the DE&I IQ Short Assessment
- Come prepared to talk about what you learned from the tests
Now that you have the basics down and assessed where you stand, let’s take the next step and turn the spotlight on communications so you can impact DE&I for the better throughout the organization. You’ll learn:
- How unconscious bias shows up in communications
- How to create an action plan based on your homework: Analyzing your DE&I data,
detecting trends and identifying DE&I barriers within ourselves and at your organization
- How microaggressions undermine an inclusive culture—and how to stop them
- Inclusive language deep dive—and guide for people managers and communicators
- How to discuss DE&I and cut harmful phrases from your lexicon
- Forums, formats and platforms to communicate DE&I internally
- Find a communication document or brief within your organization
- Rewrite it to be more inclusive
- Bring the before and after
DE&I communications must be monitored and managed just like any other business imperative. This session gives you the tools you need to craft and quantify your DE&I communications. You’ll learn:
- Lessons and measurable takeaways from your inclusive language exercises
- Essential elements of a successful DE&I Communications Plan
- How to start your own DE&I communications plan (breakout sessions)
- Matching DE&I communications to real KPIs: How to assign meaningful metrics
- How other organizations integrate their plans into talent management lifecycles,
business operations, decision making and communications outputs
- How to turn data into insights that take your DE&I communications to the next level
- A show-and-tell of Boston Scientific DE&I highlights
- Complete DE&I Comms Plan exercise
- Bring your DE&I comms plan
This is where DE&I takes a dive or soars. This session gives you the tools and tactics you need to turn a moment into a movement and make your DE&I program more impactful. You’ll learn:
- Ideas to borrow: What other DE&I communications plans look like (breakout sessions)
- What “Performative Communication” looks like and its impact on the organization
- Tapping DE&I champions: How to partner with ERGs and engage leaders
- What’s now and what’s next: How to embrace social justice communications
- Why budgets are “moral documents”—and how to put dollars behind DE&I
- Final insights to take your DE&I program to the next level of success
Register for this immersive four-part DE&I workshop series to create, communicate and quantify a DE&I communications plan that drives real results for your organization.
Top 5 reasons to attend this workshop:
- You’ll listen to the nation’s top DE&I and communications experts.
- You’ll receive a certificate of completion, all presentations and handouts.
- You’re guaranteed extensive, how-to instruction you can use immediately.