Earn a Ragan Learning Certificate when you attend this conference!
Employees are your most important stakeholder, so it behooves any forward-thinking communicator to fully understand what drives internal communications success. To that end, Ragan has gathered veteran employee communications trainers and senior-level comms executives for a fast-paced one-day virtual conference on Jan. 31 to guide you and your team through the strategies and tactics to foster an informed, engaged workforce.
This virtual conference, designed for those just getting started in employee comms or needing a refresh, will get your wheels in motion as you discover how to create engaging, measurable, employee-focused messaging. Our experts will talk writing, newsletters, content calendars, employee pulse surveys, thought leadership, employee experience platforms, measurement and more.
Get ready to roll up your sleeves as you listen, learn and interact with your peers. This Ragan Employee Communications 101 virtual conference will give you an action plan to kick off your internal comms plan — while making a measurable, lasting impact on your organization and your career.
- Glossary of Internal Comms Terms
- Intranet Checklist
- Email Comms Guide
- Measurement Guidelines
- Why and How to Create an In-House Style Guide
- Inclusive Writing Guide
Employee comms is the lifeblood of organizations of all sizes and industries as comms connects the dots for employees, relaying important messaging across business functions to foster a sense of community and belonging. Hear:
- How employee comms pros drive meaningful employee experiences and culture.
- The specific ways that employee comms ties back to overall company revenue and success.
- Strategies for working with senior leadership to effectively communicate a shared vision.
- How employee comms can work with HR to attract and retain talent.
Deciding what resources feed into your strategy begins with the employee’s needs and wants. Armed with that intel from pulse surveys and newsletter metrics, you can create a content calendar that’s optimized to engage employees — and have a bit of fun, too. In this session, you’ll learn:
- Active listening: How to learn the wants and needs of employees through pulse surveys.
- Crafting collaborative content: Strategies for getting your leaders, department heads, employees and subject matter experts involved.
- Content calendars: Tips for creating a collaborative calendar that reaches across business functions to bring the entire company to light.
- Newsletters: Examples of outstanding newsletters that drive opens and engagement.
Many employees now operate on a mix of remote, hybrid, flexible and on-location arrangements, which raises a challenge for how companies can keep individuals connected to the organization, to important messages, and to each other. This session will provide some quick tips on using multichannel communications to overcome disconnection and reach every employee. You'll walk away with three things you can do to get started with a multichannel comms strategy in 2023.
In this session, we’ll explore why your intranet cannot be a static page … but be an employee experience platform, where employees can locate everything you’ve shared in a newsletter or other announcements and engage colleagues at all levels of the organization. You’ll discover:
- How your intranet can play a role in engaging employees, fostering community and building your employer brand.
- How to get buy-in from all departments and employees.
- What works and what doesn’t on employee intranets, from videos and podcasts to employee profiles and thought leadership.
- How to build in mobile apps for on-the-go, remote employees that stand out from your desktop intranet as a go-to source of information.
Writing is the No. 1 skill execs are looking for from communicators. Employee engagement begins with people-first messaging that is clear, concise, and well … snappy. You need to draw in your reader and then keep them engaged. How do you do that? You’ll learn:
- How to write like a journalist: the 5Ws and 1H.
- How to create catchy headlines for your newsletters, Intranets and even email subject lines.
- How to tell your employee stories and create dedicated employee profiles.
- How to be bias-free in your messaging.
- Techniques to craft social media posts to make your company (and stakeholders) stand out from the crowd.
This session highlights best practices and benchmarks from the Internal Email Benchmark Report 2023. You'll get insights to benchmark open rates, click rates, read time and more. Plus, the best times and days to send employee emails, and how to improve email performance.
Everything can be measured. But it helps to know how what you are measuring matches, or deviates, from what senior leadership expects to learn. In this session, you’ll learn how measuring the effectiveness of your employee comms involves a look at open rates, click throughs and views, and comments. You’ll discover:
- Why data and analytics are important but don’t tell the whole story … remember those pulse surveys?
- The importance of analytics to affirm the value of comms and tie back to the bottom line.
- How your dashboard can consistently help you to evaluate your internal comms and refine as needed.
- When you should measure — be it weekly, biweekly, monthly — and when you should refine.
You have worked across departments, collected feedback, written engaging copy, built community, and much more … but sometimes announcements must be cascaded and reinforced through people managers. While you can’t train them, you can learn how to:
- Provide a resource that captures the key messages you need cascaded throughout the organization.
- Create a place where employees can ask questions on your intranet platform should something get misunderstood in the messaging.
- Compose an FAQ page to address trending employee concerns or unknowns.
The Top 5 things you’ll learn from this conference:
- How to craft content beyond announcements and company news.
- Cross-departmental ideas to build culture and pride in your company.
- Tips for cascading communications effectively from leadership to managers and, finally, to employees.
- Approaches for building or refining your Intranet to become an engaging employee experience.
- Ways to measure everything you do and refine accordingly.
Register today. Once registered, you’ll be able to join the private LinkedIn group right away.
Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities. This program is valid for 4 PDCs.
Each registration comes with a personalized "Employee Communications 101" Certificate of Completion for attending.
|Early Bird Rates||Regular Rates|
|Ragan Insider Registration||$649||$749|
Phone registrations and group pricing: For group orders, please contact our customer service team at 800-878-5331 or firstname.lastname@example.org