Virtually everything you need to know about your future as a communicator.
What does the future of communications hold? Join us on Nov. 10-11 for The Future of Communications to answer that critical question and learn about the most important trends, tools and best practices to include in your upcoming playbook.
No matter your position, organization or industry, this is the communications event you must attend before the close of 2020. As communicators navigate historical crises including the COVID-19 pandemic and Black Lives Matter protests, you've also had to adjust to virtual opportunities and content, communicating with and engaging remote employees, understanding changing consumer behaviors, applying creativity and compassion to business metrics and decisions, and much more. Now, you can survey the landscape to see what's next and plan accordingly.
Attend The Future of Communications on Nov. 10-11 to learn from leading PR, social media, marketing and employee communications pros how to build a solid foundation and employ sound strategies for the near and long-term future, along with ways to boost your brand, build trust, create meaning, respond to crisis and harness the power of insights and technology.
Thriving in 2021 and beyond will require you to always be two steps ahead. Attend from the comfort of your home and invite your team to partake in the industry's most-anticipated conference that looks to the future while taking stock of how far we've come. As an attendee, you'll have access to all the presentations post-event plus an array of bonus materials to help you navigate what's on the horizon for months to come.
Register Today. Once registered, you'll be able to join the private LinkedIn group right away!
You'll also receive these bonus materials:
- Oracle's Artificial Intelligence, Analytics and Machine Learning are the Future of Communications report
- Mental Health America's resources for mental health in and out of the workplace
- Early access to research from Ragan Communications and Institute for PR
- HOK's Navigating a Path Forward guide to the future of the workplace
- Handy guide to Barcelona 3.0
- And more!
Plus, all attendees receive:
- Access to a private LinkedIn group for attendees only
- All slides and presentations from speakers
- Connections to our esteemed speakers
Plus/Plus: We have special guests throughout the conference who will surprise and delight you!
Top takeaways for you and your team:
- How to communicate to and engage dispersed and remote employees
- How to make good on your social justice commitments
- Case studies of content and campaigns that stand out from the ever-growing noise of marketing messages and misinformation
- How to ensure your communications are proactive and data-informed
- Applying the Barcelona Principles 3.0 and PESO model to pitches and storytelling
- Building employee loyalty through rewards, recognition and activism
- Tips for becoming business fluent (and how that applies to PR efforts)
- Ways you can use AI for recruitment, content creation, customer service and more
- New tips and tools to help power social media efforts across platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and more
- How to build and maintain a crisis-resilient organizational culture
- Gaining executive buy-in and a bigger piece of the budget pie
- Why there's no such thing as purely external or solely internal communications anymore
- Ways to reach and inspire your workforce and other stakeholders through executive thought leadership
- What the talent landscape looks like and how you can handle a world that's "forever virtual"
- Ideas to take risks and come out on top, without destroying trust and reputation
- Storytelling in the Virtual Landscape: The Future of Writing and Content Creation
- Coming Together to Create "Mixternal" Campaigns: The Future Blending of Internal and External Efforts
- Using Data to Drive Crisis Response: The Future of Crisis Communications
- Capture and Keeps Attention: The Future of Media Relations and the updated PESO Model
- Standing out in a New Talent Landscape: The Future of Employer Branding
- Building Buzz, Not Backlash: The Future of Content Risks and Rewards
- Embracing Black Lives Matter: The Future of D&I and Leading with Purpose
- Getting Your Seat at the Table: The Future of the Communicator
- Harnessing the Power of Artificial Intelligence: The Future of Automated Communications Processes
- Keep Your Workforce Thriving Even During a Crisis: The Future of Corporate Culture
- What's Now and Next on Social Media: The Future with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok and Beyond
- Embracing Your Organization's Most Powerful Asset: The Future of the Employee Ambassador
- Proving Your Worth: The Future of the Communications Budget
- Shine the Spotlight on Your Executive: The Future of Leadership
- From Zoom Calls to Hybrid Offices: The Future of the Office & Collaboration
- Word Power: A Study on Cancel Culture and Brand Reputation
If you are interested in submitting a speaker proposal, please contact Beki Winchel at BekiW@ragan.com
We Know You're Zoom-Fatigued!
The Future of Communications Conference takes into account that you are probably attending from this event from home, with a myriad of distractions and a desire to consume content in new ways. Rest assured! We've put together an agenda that includes short-takes, deep-dives, interaction sessions and fireside chats. Session times range from 15 minutes to 40 minutes. Plus, you'll be able to view any of the sessions on-demand afterwards. So, you don't have to attend both days and all sessions, though we hope you'll be an active participant if you choose. Check this site soon for the full agenda.
|Early Bird Rates
|Ragan Insider Registration||$649||$749|
Phone registrations and group pricing: For group orders please contact our customer service team at 800-878-5331 or email@example.com
Thank you to our current sponsors
Join us as an event sponsor and meet your target audience, showcase your products, present thought leadership, generate leads and boost your brand.
Here are a few examples of opportunities we offer:
- Speaking sessions on our main agenda
- Lightning talks on our main agenda
- Pre-conference workshop sessions
- Bonus breakfast sessions
- One-on-one meetings
- Networking passes
- Marketing collateral and on-site branding
- Ragan and PR Daily Awards sponsorship
For questions related to event registrations, please contact:
Customer Service & Sales Manager
If you’re interested in sponsoring this event, please contact:
Sales & Client Relations Manager
For information on programming and speakers please contact:
Chief Operating Officer/Head of Leadership Councils
VIRTUAL CONFERENCE FAQ
What is a Ragan Virtual Conference?
- A Ragan Virtual Conference is a live stream of our conferences. Our virtual conferences are streamed over the web at the time of the event. If you are unable to attend the virtual conference during its scheduled time an archived version will be made available to all virtual conference customers 3-7 business days after the event.
Can several people from my company login to the virtual conference at the same time?
- Yes. The virtual conference login you will receive will allow for multiple users inside your organization to access the stream at the same time.
Is the virtual conference accessible to both PC and MAC users?
- Yes. Since it is broadcast over the web, the webcast can be accessed on both MAC and PC.
- Mac OSX 10.4 or greater
- Intel-Based Macs Only
- Windows 10
- Internet Explorer 11.0 or better
The presentation sometimes stops and/or "freezes." What can be done?
- Because a webcast is a video stream, its ability to play without interruption, is dependent on your location and the amount of bandwidth you have available to you. When bandwidth drops down, you may experience brief buffering pauses. Outside of increasing your bandwidth, there is nothing you can do but wait for buffering to catch up. The event is being recorded and the on-demand recording will be made available to you after the event has concluded.
- If you have any questions or need to register by phone, please call customer service at 800.878.5331 or 312.960.4100.