Register Now and Save!
Three days to help you…
Have you reserved your seat?
Is social media flatlining? Is X (formerly Twitter) dead? What about the metaverse? Is Threads overhyped? Either way, there’s no doubt that social media is on pace for its most transformative — even tumultuous — year since Facebook and then-Twitter launched over 15 years go.
The good news: You can convert the chaos of continued economic pressures (inflation and recessionary fears), changing follower behaviors (TikTokification) and seismic shifts in strategy (Meta) or management (X) into opportunities if you know what’s coming.
Consider this conference your social media sherpa. It’s the guide you need to stay on the right track in 2024. The trends, tactics and new strategies we unpack together will help you adapt in a multichannel environment — and adjust to any coming obstacles and surprises.
Attend three days of information-packed sessions and inspirational keynotes on the magical grounds of the Walt Disney World Resort.
Register for our in-person certificate series to elevate your marketing and communications plans, posts and performance.
This writing course will address the ongoing challenges you face as a communicator by equipping you with advanced techniques, storytelling skills, and what you need to know to leverage AI. You'll gain the ability to craft impactful, persuasive content that resonates with audiences and helps you achieve your communication goals.
Separate registration required.
In an era where personalizing content at scale is imperative for connecting with diverse audiences across platforms, mastering AI-powered storytelling is a game-changer. Join Carlos Gil, author of "The End of Marketing: Humanizing Your Brand in the Age of Social Media and AI," in this interactive workshop. Discover the latest AI tools and techniques to elevate your writing and visual content for any platform, audience or social channel, Throughout the session, we’ll cover:
- Refined writing workflows with ChatGPT: How to streamline your writing process, efficiently craft copy and produce narratives without compromising your voice.
- Create AI-powered visuals with Canva and other tools: How to integrate these tools to automate and enhance the creation of captivating brand images.
- Program your AI assistant for customer-centric copy: How to draft copy in the voice and tone of your target audience so it resonates and aligns with your brand identity.
- Storytelling in action: Writing prompts for crafting winning narratives across various formats, from internal comms and marketing copy to blogs, press releases and social media updates.
- Metrics that matter: How to leverage AI analytics to create more tailored, impactful stories—while also harnessing AI to enhance your SEO strategy.
- AI and copyright demystified: How to navigate AI and copyright issues, including smart strategies to protect both yourself and your brand.
With 90% of marketers maintaining or growing their short-form video investment in 2023, the ripple effect has social platforms scramble to replicate TikTok’s micro-video magic. This workshop shows you how to do the same — while also bringing a spark of light to your brand videos so they appeal to the TikTok generation. You’ll learn how to unlock:
- Creativity and fun: Innovative approaches to spice up your video strategies, even if you’re in more traditional sectors like B2B, healthcare, government or nonprofits.
- Micro-video production: Simple yet effective TikTok techniques, hacks and features that tap into the full potential of short-form content.
- UGC and collaboration: How to work with influencers on TikTok, Instagram (Reels) and even YouTube (Shorts) to infuse your channels with user-generated
- Experimentation: Hands-on experience testing different micro-video platforms and formats so you can return with binge-worthy (not cringe-worthy) clips.
- Measurement magic: The best video metrics to pull and how to use KPIs to build trust, speed up approvals and get leadership buy-in (and budget) for micro-video. Plus: How AI can help.
You can’t afford to leave SEO to others — it impacts everything from email marketing to press releases and even social videos. During this deep-dive SEO workshop, you’ll learn the strategic and creative factors you need to become a full-stack digital marketer and level up your content plan. We’ll discuss:
- How AI changes the SEO ecosystem for B2C, B2B and even nonprofits and why it’s time to rethink your content strategy.
- Powerful SEO principles: How search engines now assess content quality and what qualifies as quality content now.
- Essential keyword research steps and tools—plus how to map keywords to your organization’s digital content and social media plan.
- The best social sites for SEO—and how to improve search results within top social platforms from Threads to YouTube, Twitter (X), LinkedIn, Instagram and more.
- SEO meets social KPIs: How social media impacts SEO and vice versa—plus how to measure both in Google Analytics.
As immersive games and experiences such as Roblox and Fortnite continue to attract participants seeking community and social interactions, the virtual realm is an exciting new frontier for audience engagement—especially when coupled with AI and its impact on storytelling. In this session, discover how generative AI, machine learning and other emerging technologies are transforming the way we connect, create and collaborate, and learn how marketers and communicators can step into these exciting new worlds to meet consumers. Join us to hear:
- An examination of Generative AI and its impact on brand storytelling, social media, metaverse spaces and immersive virtual environments.
- How Web3 and blockchain technology is enabling decentralized communities and ownership in virtual worlds.
- How generative AI and Web3 technologies are driving innovation and fostering a sense of community across social media platforms—and in these digital realms.
- Strategies for building and nurturing communities in the Metaverse and Web3-powered environments.
- Examples of how companies are incorporating AI and virtual elements into their brand campaigns.
Marketing and comms pros are constantly pressured to prove they’re moving the needle—especially during election years and times of economic uncertainty. This session will explore how both functions can proactively implement a data-driven measurement program that showcases to execs the symbiotic relationship between PR’s reputation management capabilities, social media’s top-of-funnel prowess and marketing’s bottom-line impact. You’ll learn:
- Foundations: The KPIs every marcom pro must deliver for social media success.
- Data-driven strategy: How to set clear, measurable objectives so every campaign maps directly to business goals.
- Tools and AI: The best low-cost and AI tools to collect and correlate your results.
- Dashboards and analysis: How to gather, display and present your metrics to leaders with a compelling narrative that speaks their language.
- The bottom line: How to show that you’re growing the business through your marketing and communications functions (so you get the budget you need).
Storytelling has become a buzzword in the PR and marcom sector, but that doesn’t mean it’s well understood or implemented. In this session, our experts will show you how to turn your brand stories into storyselling, money-making content for any medium by crafting narratives that compel and covert. You’ll learn:
- Simple story structures that tap into your personal storytelling superpowers.
- How to develop your “evolution story”—a foundational narrative that you can easily use in any pitch, call or presentation and that sets the stage for…
- Finding your brand story: How to weave a narrative that creates a happy ending for customers in any sector—from B2C to nonprofits, B2B, healthcare and even education.
- AI and ideation: How to brainstorm a content library of story prompts based on your overarching brand story—including fast ways to generate a list of fresh hooks to beat writer’s block.
- Story marketing strategies to capture hearts, mind and wallets—plus examples of brand stories that move audiences to act.
The brand landscape experienced a seismic shift in the wake of the last presidential election. As we gear up for the heated 2024 races, this panel will provide communicators with a roadmap to successfully navigate the looming minefield of partisanship and politics-centric controversy that awaits. Together we’ll cover:
- What to expect: The political themes and controversies we’re already seeing for the coming election—and how to navigate them without stepping on third rails.
- Values-driven strategy: How to address or respond to sensitive issues relevant to your brand vision, voice and values— while uplifting both internal and external audiences.
- Dealing with blowback: Ways to foster trust and rebuild reputational damage when partisanship strikes or political players target your organization.
- Tools and tech: How to monitor and mitigate brand risks in real time with the help of social listening tools, AI and predictive technologies.
The ability to create and distribute compelling content in real-time is paramount for any successful marketing and public relations strategy. In this session, you’ll learn about how to establish a brand newsroom – your dynamic, dedicated hub where in-house journalists collaborate to craft captivating narratives. Learn about:
- Best practices for team collaboration between marketing and PR teams to ensure consistent messaging and maximum impact.
- Mastering the art of content planning, creation, and curation to maintain a steady flow of compelling stories.
- Techniques to stay agile and respond swiftly – in real time – to emerging trends, news, and opportunities.
- How to measure the effectiveness of your brand newsroom, pivot, and adapt your strategies.
- Case Studies and Success Stories: Hear real-world examples of organizations that developed a cohesive brand narrative that aligned with their mission.
Good news: You can finally move your social media strategy from reactive to proactive by applying some neuromarketing principles to a profound-yet-practical process that enables you to create the content your audience craves—and delivers it where and when they need it the most. Join to see how Clemson has recently ranked in the top 15 universities nationally for social media engagement by embracing a framework you can use to quickly plan, produce and post content that hits your audience hot buttons. Together we’ll cover:
- Neuromarketing insights into how the brain processes information, responds to stimuli and makes decisions—plus how to apply these ideas to your social media.
- A practical method for identifying your brand’s hub content that you can use again and again.
- How to develop compelling visual and written branding for your content, regardless of platform.
- Smart ways to scale up your creative processes so your posts pop and generate big-time results.
- How to drive greater engagement with followers—including how Clemson applies some neuromarketing principles to visual direction and post copy so it’s more shareable.
Today’s podcast industry market is worth $24 billion—and still growing—but it’s not enough anymore to just plan and produce a branded podcast in this lucrative yet crowded space. This panel explores how to integrate your marketing and even social media content teams to help craft compelling audio content on the regular—then promote the heck out of it and earn coverage. Join to hear:
- Planning: How to conceptualize your podcast —from branding/naming it to episode planning, content calendars and audience targeting.
- Production: Must-have tools, software and resources for efficient podcast production.
- Creativity: Techniques to consistently craft engaging audio content that keeps your listeners coming back for more.
- Social media: What others are doing to build buzz for their podcasts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter (X), Pinterest and LinkedIn—and promotion on internal intranets
- PR plays: What’s working to secure brand coverage on podcasts—including how to pitch, partner and promote for maximum awareness on mainstream media.
No time is more critical for PR and marcomm teams to collaborate and protect brand reputation than when a crisis strikes. This panel unearths examples of bad news breaking or escalating on social media—and excavates their lessons to help your teams navigate, manage and even quell controversial content, misinformation or public backlash in real time when every second counts. You’ll learn:
- “Tempests in teacups” to “barnstormers”—the top online crises facing B2C, B2B and other organizations now, from mis/disinformation to brand trolls and election year turmoil.
- How social media teams can implement crisis drills and tabletops for these threats.
- Your very own magic mirror: Social listening tools to help identity and resolve online crises before they become full-blown catastrophes.
- How AI impacts digital crisis—from AI-generated deepfakes and copyright missteps to legal third rails to avoid and even AI tools to add to your social listening stack.
- Post triage on Twitter (X) and beyond: How to quickly craft social posts that convey confidence, eliminate uncertainty and stick the landing for a storybook ending.
Thought leadership does it all. It generates leads, builds reputation, provides content for social media, newsletters and intranets, attracts new employees and can even drive media coverage for your execs or subject matter experts. Few content plays touch every aspect of today’s marcom org chart with as much return. Join us to learn how to execute amazing thought leadership campaigns that strike a chord instead of striking out. You’ll discover:
- Branding magic: How to craft and elevate a powerful personal and organizational brand on LinkedIn—from profile photo and graphics to post and cadence guidance.
- Captivating content: How to plan, pen and publish compelling posts, live videos and more on LinkedIn—and the nuances and latest features.
- The paid play: When and how to boost thought leadership posts on LinkedIn and other platforms—paid social media tiers and techniques for those with “scrappy” or zero budgets.
- Building thought leadership: Smart strategies to position yourself or your subject matter experts (SMEs) as leading voices in your field to drive includes and credibility.
- Beyond LinkedIn: How to repurpose content on other platforms, including TikTok, Reddit and more.
Join other communicators in your field in this birds-of-a-feather networking opportunity.
Join us for an exciting influencer/brand speed dating session where you’ll discover potential partnerships, collaboration opportunities, and mutually beneficial relationships in a fast-paced, engaging environment.
Join our keynoter Davis in an intimate Q&A fireside session with questions curated from the audience.
Join other communicators in your field in this birds-of-a-feather networking opportunity.
Join other communicators in your field in this birds-of-a-feather networking opportunity.
INTERESTED IN SPEAKING?
Please reach out to Director of Conferences
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- The continued rise of meme marketing and re-emergence of immersive worlds
- How Stories and AR/VR tools are evolving — and how to stay ahead of the curve
- Social listening👂and measurement strategies to gain (and understand) followers
- How to reimagine and optimize your e-commerce and social selling programs
- Working with nano and micro influencers to launch winning brand collabs
- 🎥 How short-form video, live video and TikTok are transforming YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook/Instagram and X (Twitter)
- The best channels to attract and retain talent in the 🔥hot-yet-cooling labor market
- And, so much more…
|Advanced Rate||Early Bird Rate||VIP Rate||Regular Rate|
|Conference All-Access Pass (includes the pre-conference workshops)|
|Conference Registration - Individual|
Add to your Social Media Conference registration!
Writing Certificate Course
March 27, from 8-12 p.m.
We’ve taken our popular virtual Writing Certificate Course and made it an in-person event where you’ll get real-time instructor feedback and the ability to share ideas with your peers. This writing course will address the ongoing challenges you face by equipping you with advanced techniques, inclusive storytelling skills, and the knowledge to leverage AI. Add the Writing Certificate Course to your registration for just $899.
For those who can’t attend the conference live, an on-demand option is available during the registration process.
Would you and your team like to attend? Group pricing is available when registering! Contact Shallon Blackburn for more information.
RAGAN COUNCIL MEMBER DISCOUNTS
Membership includes free registration passes. Contact Shallon Blackburn for more information on becoming a member.
RAGAN INSIDER DISCOUNTS
Insiders save on all Ragan events. Not a Ragan Insider? You can become one during registration for this event!
Walt Disney World's Swan & Dolphin Resort
1700 Epcot Resorts Blvd
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
We have secured a room block at Walt Disney World's Swan & Dolphin Resort for conference attendees. The hotel reservation link will be sent to you after you register for the conference.
Experience the Magic
Beyond the conference, enjoy exciting networking events, experiences, and all the magic Walt Disney World Resort and surrounding areas have to offer!
NETWORKING COCKTAIL PARTY
Mingle with colleagues, social media leaders and special Disney guests at this can’t-miss networking cocktail party.
Join your peers and conference speakers for a networking party sprinkled with Disney magic. Enjoy great conversations and superb food and drink.
Food For Thought
Connect with colleagues on issues of shared interest and get to know your fellow attendees over a great meal. You'll make new connections during breakfast, lunch, and snack breaks, all included with your registration.
DISNEY MAGICAL EXPERIENCES
Extend your stay and receive:
- Room block rates at Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort
- Discounted Walt Disney World Resort theme park rates
SPONSORS & PARTNERS
Want to become a sponsor? Get in touch with our team to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
You can’t afford to miss this if you work in:
- Digital communications
- Media relations
- Corporate communications
- Social media
- Public affairs
- Global communications
- Public information
- Internal communications
- Corporate affairs
Each registration comes with a personalized Social Media Conference Certificate of Completion for attending.
THE COMPANY YOU'LL KEEP
WONDERING IF YOU SHOULD ATTEND?
Here’s what past attendees are saying about Ragan and PR Daily Events!
I learned so much from this conference and have so many takeaways that I can put to immediate use. I loved that this conference could be useful to someone with a large or small social media team! It was very inclusive!
Love Ragan's Social Media Conference! It shares insights into how other companies are managing their social media strategy. You feel like you're not alone.
The Social Media Conference was informative, fun, and well-organized. I met many great people in my industry and left with actionable takeaways to improve my company's presence on social media platforms!
The future of social media and content is changing and growing. Ragan's Social Media Conference brings innovators to address these changes and keeps us up to date with how to roll with the changes. I will definitely be back next year to learn more.
The speakers at the conference were all experts in the field, and their insights and knowledge about social media were incredibly valuable. I learned so much about what is up and coming to latest trends. Can’t wait to get back and elevate our company’s social media game.
The conference fun doesn’t start and stop at the event! Follow us on socials and sign-up for update emails.
Contact us for group rates and share with friends!
Ragan.com Daily Headlines