May 3, 10, 17 • 1-3 p.m. ET
Register for this immersive three-part certificate series to become a faster, more creative and more persuasive writer.
Master new writing fundamentals • Find your voice • Compose bold and blooper-free writing • Craft convincing copy • Sharpen storytelling • Improve inclusive writing • Self-edit like a pro • Enhance your credibility and career
Writing isn’t just a tactic — it’s a strategic differentiator. It’s the No. 1 most valued skill for communication executives, according to a Ragan/HarrisX survey. What’s more, writing also is the top skill communicators would like to see improved among their team members.
Translation: Enhancing your writing style doesn’t just enhance your reach and results — it enhances your value as a communicator, your career and your reputation.
This three-part virtual course featuring expert instructors will give you the skills you need to take your writing to the next level — or to reinvigorate your results if you’re mid-career and stuck in a rut. The curriculum will help you increase your value as a strategic communicator and wordsmith.
- PR Daily’s State of Media Relations Report
- Media Relations Secrets: How to Craft a Winning Pitch
- Tips for Getting Press Releases Seen
- The Art of Storytelling Guide
- Dictionary of Public Relations Measurement and Research
Hone your writing skills in just a few short weeks. You’ll receive assignments, a certificate of completion and a writing style guide you can tailor to your organization.
Messaging matters. Strategies often fail for lack of clarity and poorly written communications.
This session is the refresher you need to increase your writing’s effectiveness — and your ability to represent your organization. You’ll learn:
- How to discover your writer’s voice — and align it with the voice of your organization.
- Smart, quick and proven ways to gather and structure information.
- How to find and write to audience needs so you get more eyeballs on your writing.
- Fundamentals revisited: overlooked techniques to choose precise words, and write simpler, more direct sentences that propel readers.
- Insider tips for how to craft strong headlines, teasers and leads on deadline.
- Take the writing self-assessment.
- Come prepared to talk about what you learned. In course exercises: What’s wrong with these emails and press releases?
With the competencies of clear writing down, we’ll focus on tactics to write more persuasively and creatively so you convince — and captivate — all readers. You’ll also learn how to apply these techniques to a variety of common communication documents.
You’ll walk away with a better understanding of:
- The science of persuasion: how leading behavioral persuasion theories apply to writing.
- How to rein in exaggerated writing to persuade without hype.
- Choosing the right words.
- How metaphor, simile and vivid descriptions that can add color and context to anything you write.
- Why inclusive writing matters — and DE&I guidelines every writer can implement.
- Find a sharable communication document or brief within your organization (not your own!).
- Rewrite the headline and lede to be more credible and inclusive.
- Bring the “before” and “after” to share.
This session digs into real-world applications and solutions to common writing challenges communicators face so you can deliver the goods with grace and gravitas every time. You’ll learn:
- How to overcome writer’s block, approvals and other obstacles.
- How to ethically use AI tools to help with structure, grammar and more.
- Workshopping everyday writing mistakes and how to fix them.
- Self-editing tips.
- Storytelling structure hacks to elevate your writing and engage any audience.
- How to incorporate data into your written work that interests management.
- Complete the rewriting exercise.
- Write a story-driven lead.
TOP 8 SKILLS YOU’LL MASTER UPON COMPLETION:
- Write Like a Journalist: Powerful techniques for crafting credible-yet-compelling headlines, subject lines, teasers and leads.
- The Oops Checklist: Biggest grammatical and stylistic mistakes communicators make — and how to avoid them.
- Persuasive Messaging: Applying the theories of persuasion to your copy.
- Self-Editing Hacks: A checklist to fine-tune and fact check copy fast
- Inclusive Language for Writers: Phrases and terms to add to your lexicon.
- Made to Stick: How to make everything you write more “sticky” — from blogs, social media posts and even emails.
- Storytelling Hacks: New ways to transform boring topics into blockbusters.
- Creativity for Communicators: Harnessing your inner poet for bold, brilliant copy.
Top reasons to attend this virtual certificate course
- How to tell stories that capture audiences’ imagination — and illuminate your value proposition.
- Creative ways to make potent videos without breaking the bank.
- How to emphasize executives’ strengths and minimize their weaknesses through writing.
- Ways to harness user-generated content to reward and connect with your biggest fans.
- Smart tactics for making evergreen content that stays relevant for months or years.
- Essentials of must-read stories — and how to master them.
- How to leave vanity metrics behind on social media and score true engagement.
In addition to:
- You’ll listen to the nation’s top writing experts and instructors
- You’ll receive a certificate of completion, all presentations and handouts
- You’re guaranteed extensive, how-to instruction you can use immediately
Secure your seat today for this renowned writing course offered by Ragan and PR Daily, and become the writing expert you have dreamed of being!
Ragan Insider Member
(Not an Insider? You can become one when registering!)
This advanced writer’s course is designed to help you enhance your writing skills (your skills … not ChatGPT) and compose memorable messaging that engages and inspires your audience –so that you get the results and recognition you deserve, along with the Certificate of Completion!