Guidance from the revered tandem of Strunk and White was the No. 1 writing and editing story of 2019. As in previous years, trimming text was the prevalent theme, including chopping superfluous lead-in phrases and excising needless adjectives.
We hope these articles helped improve your writing in 2019 and into the upcoming year. Here they are again, in case you missed them the first time around.
- Helpful writing habits from Strunk and White
- A selection of adjectives you can probably delete
- Ditch these superfluous lead-in phrases
- Cut it in half: 3 ways to strengthen your writing
- 13 wonderful, whimsical words to express approval