Spam folders can be a treasure trove of marketing inspiration.
Some of the examples are horrible, but others have potential to be adapted and improved. Since readers decide whether to read or trash your email in less than a second, well-written subject lines are essential.
Here are a few examples outside-the-box email subject lines. See what you can do with these, PR Daily readers.
1. Your organic presence
2. Your inorganic presence
3. Does the past still exist?
4. Look, feel and smell your best
5. You could say I “found” a dog
6. It’s curtains for you
7. Rose¢ all day
8. Motivation tips — take them or leave them
9. Greetings, Humans!
10. You don’t remember me, do you?
11. Nightmare underwear
12. We know you’re not going to see this movie
13. Before you open this, take a deep breath
14. Don’t let GDPR come between us
15. Want to hear about this bacon job?
16. Hair it is . . . salon-quality products at discount prices
17. This won’t make sense to you
18. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
19. Remember when we said we were going paperless?
20. Confusion to your enemies
21. Please, please send more pie
22. You don’t need to see my credentials
23. No, really
24. Is your presentation PowerPointless
25. Too much on your workstack?
26. You really don’t need to buy any more books
27. I’ll only make this offer once
28. Frock off . . . save up to 60% on all dresses
29. Friends with benedicts
Do you have any fun subject lines to add to this list?
Laura Hale Brockway is an Austin-based writer and editor and a regular contributor to PR Daily. Read more of her work at impertinentremarks.com.