A creative soul needs the freedom to express itself, and the attached body needs a dwelling that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
Creative employees—designers, writers, illustrators, videographers and their ilk—are passionate about their work, but their passion and flair don’t always translate to a large paycheck.
With just over 110 creative employees per 10,000 workers in the metro area, and boasting the lowest cost of living in the top 10, Savannah, Georgia, topped the list. The most popular creative job in that city is actor.
Here are the top 10:
- Savannah, Georgia
- Provo-Orem, Utah
- Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Franklin, Tennessee
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, California
- South Bend-Mishawaka, Indiana/Michigan
- Salt Lake City
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, Georgia
- Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
- Durham-Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Kansas City, Missouri/Kansas
See the full list here.
Are you the creative type, looking for an affordable place to get your hands dirty—or ink-smudged or paint-covered? Here are job openings in five of the top 10 metro areas on the list:
- Savannah College of Art and Design seeks a marketing director.
- Sprout Kids is looking for a marketing communications manager in Provo.
- Sony Music is searching for a marketing coordinator in Nashville.
- Cashmere Agency is seeking a public relations coordinator in Los Angeles.
- Ketchum Digital is looking to hire a senior media relations specialist in Atlanta.
Not the job for you? See what else we have in our weekly professional pickings:
If you have a position you’d like to see highlighted in PR Daily’s weekly jobs post, or if you’re searching for career opportunities, RaganJobs.com is the perfect place to find or post high-quality job openings.