Deciding which college to attend is one of life’s most important decisions.
So many issues loom:
- Does it offer the program you’d like to study?
- Is the program any good?
- Is the college worth the money (and oh, how much money it is) that you’ll be spending?
These are all important questions to ask when choosing where you will spend four (or more) years’ time and money.
Money magazine analyzed 744 colleges in compiling its list of the 25 best colleges in America, based on cost and value.
Factors such as “graduations rates,” “tuition fees,” “family borrowing” and “alumni salaries” were considered.
The University of California-Irvine tops this year’s list. Its estimated price for 2019–20 with average aid is $14,900, and it boasts an 85% graduation rate and $57,700 average early career earnings, making it the best college for the price.
A slew of California-based colleges landed top spots on the list. Here are the top 10:
- University of California-Irvine
- City University of New York, Baruch College
- Princeton University
- University of California-Los Angeles
- University of California-Davis
- Stanford University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Michigan
- University of California-San Diego
- University of Virginia
Want to work for one of the universities that earned top honors? Here are openings from five of the top 10 schools:
- The University of California-Irvine seeks a communications manager for its School of Medicine in Irvine, California.
- Princeton University is looking for a communications specialist for its Department of Chemistry in Princeton, New Jersey.
- The University of California-Los Angeles is searching for a communications manager for its Latino Policy & Politics Initiative in Los Angeles.
- Stanford University needs a senior marketing manager for alumni engagement in Stanford, California.
- The University of Michigan is on the lookout for a digital marketing specialist in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Not the job for you? See what else we have in our weekly professional pickings:
If you have a position you’d like to see highlighted in PR Daily’s weekly jobs post, or if you’re searching for career opportunities, RaganJobs.com is the perfect place to find or post high-quality job openings.