1. Follow a 70/30 rule. Curate 70 percent of your content, and leave the other 30 percent for content about your brand. Why? Because the rest of the world is at least 70 percent more interesting than your brand, and promoting external content builds social capital and turns influencers into grateful fans.
2. Make content share-worthy. Don’t publish junk. It’s better to be quiet than increase the signal-to-noise ratio.
3. Make sure all content benefits SEO. Search engines increasingly favor social signals and blended results (multimedia). Optimize your content based on keywords whenever possible and appropriate, and across all channels.
4. Make content digestible. Break down big pieces into smaller parts. For example, you can make a big infographic available in smaller chunks.
5. Optimize your content. Distribute your content synchronously across all channels and devices.