The first blog I ever subscribed to was Bakerella.com.
The blogger, Bakerella, blogs at least once a week about all the cute baked goods she whips up.
As someone who also enjoys baking, I know how long it takes to bake and decorate a batch of cupcakes, and I can’t imagine how she has time to make them, shoot photos and then write about the experience more than once a week.
But she isn’t the only hardworking blogger out there. Running a blog on any topic or industry takes a lot of time and energy.
An infographic by Orbit Media Studios examines the state of the blogging industry. So, bloggers, listen up. Here’s what your content-producing peers are up to:
- Bloggers are writing longer posts. The number of blog posts longer than 1,500 words has increased 72 percent. (But most bloggers still write posts between 500 and 1,000 words.)
- Most bloggers publish two to six posts a week.
- Serious bloggers invest more time writing posts. Sixteen percent of bloggers spend four or more hours on each post. Six percent spend six or more hours on each post.
- Sixty-four percent of bloggers write for more than one blog.
- More bloggers are blogging during work hours.
How do your blogging habits compare?
Find more stats in the infographic below: