In last month’s post on sister site PRDaily’s 33 things the media wish PR pros knew one reader astutely underlined the need to flip the script on bloggers and journalists.
To that end, here are the 12 things I wish the media knew:
1. That PR is not journalism’s bitch.
2. That replying to a carefully crafted pitch, even if it’s to say you don’t want to pursue a story, is very important and curries a lot of favor.
3. That PR pros have a job to do, just like journalists. Please don’t spit venom; be civilized.
4. That there is only one correct way to spell the name of your client, organization, or boss.
5. That getting the website URL wrong is tantamount to kicking me in the teeth.
6. That PR folks have already heard how much journalists think they suck and how we do things that annoy them.