Writers often pride themselves on their limitless creativity, but even they occasionally need an inspirational push.
Luckily, other writers and creative people can help.
If you need a little inspiration this week, here are 13 witty and insightful quotes about writing.
1. “A sentence should never be cruel and unusual.”
— William C. Burton, attorney
2. “If you can’t explain something simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”
— Albert Einstein, physicist
3. “I have made this letter longer that usual because I lack the time to make it shorter.”
— Blaise Pascal, mathematician
4. “Clarity begins at home.”
— Edie Schwager, speaker with the American Medical Writers Association
5. “The trouble with so many of us is that we underestimate the power of simplicity.”
— Robert Stuberg, author and speaker
6. “I never write ‘metropolis’ for seven cents when I can write ‘city’ and get paid the same.”
— Mark Twain, author