Shel Holtz recently confirmed there are now more than 50 million blog posts referencing or featuring Pinterest. Wow!
But the growth isn’t all hype. Pinterest is driving some serious traffic for major brands. Also, Pinterest now drives more traffic than Google+, LinkedIn and MySpace combined.
With all this hype, people may ask you, the social media person, questions. It will help to have some Pinterest statistics at the ready. Below are 18 stats to bookmark and share with your boss when she or he asks about Pinterest.
1. Pinterest retains and engages users two to three times more efficiently as Twitter did at the same age.
2. Etsy is Pinterest’s top source of photos. Google is second, followed by FlickR, Tumblr and WeHeartIt.com.
3. Pinterest accounts for 3.6 percent of referral traffic, while Twitter is just barely ahead, accounting for 3.61 percent of referral traffic. In July 2011, Pinterest accounted for only 0.17 percent of referral traffic.
4. Pinterest has 10.4 million registered users.
5. According to AppData and Facebook, 97 percent of Pinterest users are women.