Social media is the coffee shop notice board for the digital era.
Everyone’s there, hanging out and perusing business cards on the board, but you have to stand out if you want to sell your goods or services.
Everyone wants a formidable social media presence. There’s no foolproof way to make that happen, but it helps to know a few tricks (and tools) of the trade. Platforms that make it easy to schedule, automate and analyze your content are an excellent place to start.
Here are four that can help:
- DrumUp helps you manage multiple accounts (such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook) and find shareable content online. Its algorithm searches the internet to guide you toward fresh, relevant content based on your keywords. Once you’ve found what you want to share, you can schedule it to publish whenever you want. The app also offers “Automatic” or optimal time sharing options for you. Other features include a content library to save posts for later, engagement analytics for your posts and an employee advocacy module to amplify your social media reach.
- Brand 24 catches all your social media mentions in real time and enables you to set up alerts for them. Mentions are displayed in an organized stream and categorized by sentiments—positive, negative or neutral. Brand 24 sorts your mentions graphically so you can monitor engagement and make decisions accordingly. Its marketing analytics tool offers insights to help you save time and make strategic, data-driven decisions.
- Keyhole helps with tracking the use of URLs, keywords and hashtags. Its simple interface displays results based on relevance and website authority. Its Influencer View enables you to compare influencers based on their impressions and followers. It also shows you how much follower engagement those influencers generate.
- Hashtagify helps you identify the best hashtags for your tweet. It also lists the most popular hashtags of the past week and month. There’s a top influencers section, which lists the most influential tweeters for your hashtag. If you have a specific hashtag in mind, the platform offers overall statistics while comparing it against similar hashtags.
All the handy tools in the world won’t help unless you have a strategy in place, so here are five guidelines to help you make the most of the resources we discussed:
1. Have a clear picture of your target audience. Know exactly whom you are trying to reach and understand what appeals to them most. Find ways to address them and their most pressing issues.
2. Your messages should follow a pattern. The theme, tenor and timing of your posts should be rhythmic. Establish your voice, and create a calendar for consistency.
3. Curate your content to serve your audience’s needs . Curated content can boost your traffic, reach new audiences and help you save time.
4. Add visuals into your content. Tweets with images receive 150 percent more retweets than those without pictures.
5. Interact with your audience and peers through online communities. Participating in social media groups is a great way to network, build authority, extend goodwill and showcase your expertise.