Our sister site, PR Daily, published a story this year from PR professional Lauren Fernandez on the 11 signs that someone works in public relations. (The story originally appeared on Fernandez’s blog.) The article unleashed a flood of comments that we compiled into a second story (“42 more signs you work in PR“). Here, we combined both stories: The first 11 signs are from Fernandez, and the other 42 come from our readers.
1. Your day starts and ends with a cup of coffee.
2. You can power-walk in 5-inch heels with your laptop bag while checking your BlackBerry.
3. Inside jokes with your colleagues will get you through the day—especially the insanely stressful ones.
4. You constantly engage in “PR is dead” and “the press release doesn’t have a place in business” arguments.
5. You are so used to putting the client first that you usually forget to eat lunch.
6. It’s detrimental to your health and workday when you forget your headphones.