It has never been more important for companies to listen to their customers on social media than now. But, according to an infographic from Get Satisfaction and Column Five, 50 percent of companies say it’s not a core function of their business.
Only 6 percent of companies say listening and digital engagement initiatives are integral to them. What prevents companies from tuning in to their customers? The greatest internal challenges to listening and engagement are:
- Availability of budget (42 percent)
- Difficulty managing programs across multiple technologies (34 percent)
- Availability of talent (30 percent)
- Learning curve associated with new technology such as social media tools (20 percent)
- Privacy issues (17 percent)
The good news is that 63 percent of companies believe listening and engaging on social media has helped them see positive results in brand awareness.
Does your company do a good job of listening to its customers on social media? (View a larger image.)