Remember planning family road trips with maps spread across the kitchen table?
Hopefully, because those crinkled maps are becoming a thing of the past.
In today’s digital world, travelers are swapping their travel brochures for smart phones and Facebook. Instead of unplugging when they go on vacation, people are using social media every step of the way.
An infographic by MDG Advertising explains.
Planning the trip
- Fifty-two percent of travelers use social media for vacation inspiration.
- Fifty-nine percent post on Facebook about their upcoming trips.
- Seventy-four percent of travelers use social media while on vacation.
- Fifty percent of travelers now use mobile devices to check a flight’s status, compared with 30 percent in 2011.
- When they get home, 46 percent of travelers post hotel reviews, 40 percent share reviews about attractions, and 40 percent write restaurant reviews.
- Seventy-six percent post vacation photos to a social network.
Did you take a vacation this summer? See how your social media activity compares to the rest of the information in the graphic.