Here are eight networking tips to stretch your reach, create new allies and maximize your coverage:
1. Send a handwritten thank-you note to the blogger, editor or journalist who wrote about you
Putting a handwritten thank-you message in a writer’s mailbox immediately separates you from 99 percent of other communicators. Just get out a pen, write something thoughtful and add a stamp.
2. Ask your community to thank the blogger, editor or journalist
Having a few friends send a quick note to the writer is always an unexpected, pleasant surprise.
It shows you have connections who are paying attention. It’s also a good way to connect people who may become valuable contacts in the future.
3. Connect with the writer on LinkedIn
A LinkedIn connection request can be another form of thank-you message.
It’s also an easy way to create a more enduring connection so you can stay in touch and gin up goodwill.
4. Add the writer to your list
Another way to keep track of writers in social media is to add them to your Twitter lists and Facebook groups.
5. Invite the writer to your next event