1. Get to know Ragan.com. As you know, this is key to pitching or submitting stories to any media outlet. If your news isn’t related to internal communications, corporate communications, speechwriting, presentations, content marketing, brand journalism, video, public relations, marketing, social media, or writing and editing, we aren’t interested. The best way to know if your story fits the bill is to read Ragan.com and familiarize yourself with the kinds of stories we run.
2. Send us your blog posts or story ideas. Did you just publish something on your blog that’s perfect for us? Send it to us on our Pitch Us page. Or dd something happen at your company that you’re proud of and your peers should know about?
3. Write your own story. Did you see something in the news that our readers would love? Maybe The New York Times covered a developing trend in the industry or a blogger sparked a PR storm for an organization. Write the story as it would appear on Ragan.com, paste your copy in the “Pitch us here” section and make sure to include links.
4. Pitch us an originally reported piece. Do you have a case study to share? Want to write a story about a developing trend, or report on a PR gaffe? Send us a pitch with the story angle.
5. Include images and videos with your story or post. We love images and videos with our stories. Every story on Ragan.com contains one or the other, so don’t be afraid to include them with your blog post or story.
6. Explain any conflicts of interest. If the story, blog post, or pitch you’re sending is about a client or the company you work, we need to know about it if we’re going to run your piece. Our reputation and yours relies on transparency.
7. We don’t want your press releases—at least not here. This is a forum to submit blog posts, stories and story ideas related to something that it’s the news or blogosphere.
8. Don’t pitch yourself. If you’d like to become a regular contributor to Ragan.com, don’t tell us why in this section—show us. The quality of your blog or story will do the talking for you. This is not a forum to pitch yourself.