Digital marketing has grown exponentially over the past 10 years, but that doesn’t mean we’re doing it right.
The ability to reach people on the web and other online platforms in a rich, authentic way is something that many marketers strive to achieve, but few of us do with aplomb.
Perhaps that’s because there are certain misconceptions that abound when it comes to digital marketing, and we could all use a healthy dose of reality from time to time.
A new infographic from Digital Marketing Philippines expertly lays out eight myths that surround the digital marketing discipline:
1. Digital marketing can solve all business needs.
2. Digital marketing is easy compared to traditional marketing.
3. Digital marketing is a “set and forget it” system.
4. Digital marketing is free of cost.
5. Digital marketing can produce ROI right away.
6. Digital marketing is more effective with large quantities.
7. Digital marketing is applicable only to the younger generation.
8. Digital marketing is effective only for certain businesses.
What myths would you would add to the mix, Ragan readers?
Check out the full infographic below for more info on the reality behind each of these myths—and how to avoid missteps: