If you’re not using social media in your job search, it might be time to get started.
Companies are expected to use social media to recruit for more than 80 percent of job openings in 2012, an infographic from OnlineDegrees.com says.
Which networks yield the best results? LinkedIn is a good bet—94.5 percent of recruiters have successfully hired candidates through the professional network. Forty-two percent of recruiters look for candidates on Twitter, and 33 percent use Facebook.
Why do companies use social media to fill positions?
- To recruit candidates who might not apply otherwise (84 percent)
- To save money (67 percent)
- To increase brand recognition (60 percent)
- To target a specific job level (54 percent)
- To target a specific skill set (52 percent)
For more on how to make the most of your job search, take a look at the graphic: (View a larger image.)