There are bad bosses. And then there are bad bosses.
Corporate communication can be stressful, but the line between constructive and condescending is often quite clear. A recent BusinessWeek article listed the “10 things only bad managers say.”
Your job, after all, is all about communication, so I’m sure you’ve never caught yourself saying any of these things to your staff, right?
1. “If you don’t want this job, I’ll find someone who does”
2. “Who gave you permission to do that?”
3. “I don’t pay you to think.”
4. “Don’t bring me problems. Bring me solutions.”
5. “In these times, you’re lucky to have a job at all.”
Check out the BusinessWeek article for the complete list.