Hotels offer live-tweeting at weddings for $3,000
New York’s W Hotels are offering couples a ‘social media wedding concierge’ to create a special wedding hashtag, take photos, make videos, and more.
When my wife and I got married, we joked briefly about creating a hashtag for our wedding. We laughed it off as absurd, because it is.
It’s so ridiculous, in fact, that the W Hotels in New York are charging $3,000 to do it on couples’ behalf.
That deal will get couples a “social media wedding concierge,” who will provide the following services during their special day:
• Live-tweeting of the ceremony and reception
• Instagram photos and videos, as well as Vine videos
• Curating a unique wedding hashtag
• Encouraging guests to “utilize” (not use, “utilize”) the hashtag as they post to social media
• Set up and maintenance of wedding blog before and after the day
• Curating registry wish list and dream honeymoon Pinterest boards to inspire couple
• A wedding social media recap for the couple, including a Shutterfly book complete with social media highlights from the planning process and a collage of the best tweets and Instagrams sent during the wedding
Become a Ragan Insider member to read this article and all other archived content.Sign up today
Already a member? Log in here.
Learn more about Ragan Insider.