If your organization’s Facebook page is more megaphone than interactive forum, you’re not alone.
You’re also not without help or hope. Branex has an infographic that lists 11 ways to revive and repopulate your social media village.
To go from digital flyover country to must-follow hotspot, the graphic recommends:
- Cover topics that matter to your audience. If you’re not sure what the people want, ask. Ask for feedback, ideas and topic guidance. Let that dictate your content flow.
- Be responsive, attentive and appreciative. Show love to your faithful fans. Let haters blow off steam, and try to turn them from the dark side. Address complaints promptly.
- Customize content for each platform. Twitter is ideal for customer service, but Snapchat is a different animal. Don’t just cross-post the same content across all your accounts. Play to the strengths of each platform.
- Be surprising. Did you know that hippopotamus milk is pink? Hit your audience with amazing stats, facts and research to keep them coming back for more.
- Provide a clear call to action. Lead your audience—gently but surely—directly where you want them to go. Don’t be afraid to ask; just don’t be pushy about it.
- Mind your timing. On social media, as in life, timing is everything.
It’s not too late to turn your digital ghost town into a social media boomtown. Cheap tricks (or monorails) won’t bring lasting success to your platforms; it takes strategy, dedication and consistently excellent content. Check out the rest of the infographic below for more tips on cultivating a fruitful social media presence.