We all need somebody—and some clever tech tools—to lean on.
For those who communicate for a living, Google Chrome offers a slew of add-ons, apps and extensions designed to ease your burden.
On Stride Financial has published an infographic that highlights the merits of 27 popular Chrome extensions.
For taming the inbox shrew, try:
- Snooze Email, which temporarily removes a message from your inbox and returns it at a time of your choosing.
- Hiver, a tool that “enables collaboration on shared email accounts through notes, labels and assigned tasks.”
To stay on task and avoid online distractions, consider:
- Just Read, an extension that removes page styling, ads, pop-ups and comments—leaving strictly the plain text you should be focusing on, you easily distracted rascal, you.
- StayFocusd, which “restricts the amount of time you can spend on time-wasting websites.” (Whether this app’s creators consider technicolor pooches, bouncing felines or a website that just changes colors every time you click to be “wastes of time” was unclear at the time of publication.)
For writing and taking notes, gives these tools a whirl:
- Evernote Web Clipper, an app that enables you to “clip any article or page to a specific notebook and assign tags, highlight key sections and share links.”
- Google Keep, a handy little widget that “captures notes, lists and photos.” This one also records voice memos, so you won’t forget the ferret’s fungus medication—again.
For other helpful Chrome extensions, read the full infographic.