Instagram has 100 percent organic reach.
That means it doesn’t have a mysterious algorithm preventing your posts from reaching your followers (cough, Facebook). Every photo you post will appear in your fans’ newsfeeds.
If you aren’t taking advantage of this unfiltered access to your audience, it’s time to start.
An infographic from KISSmetrics offers some data-backed tips on how to use the social network to its full potential. For example:
- The most engaging filters are Lo-Fi or none.
- Photos get more engagement than videos.
- Wednesday has the highest engagement rate.
- For more engagement, post photos that are primarily green. To encourage fans to buy your products, post yellow or blue photos.
- The best captions for e-commerce are long descriptions, not questions.
There’s more in the infographic below: