At this point, most companies know it is important for them to be on social media.
You need to be where your customers are, and most customers are on social media. But being on social media and engaging on social media are two different things.
An infographic from Invesp shows how businesses use social media. While some statistics are encouraging—more than 80 percent of small and medium-sized businesses plan to increase their social media use in 2013—others are downright frightening. For example, less than 20 percent of U.S. companies have integrated social media with their customer service, sales or product development processes.
Here are a few more stats that will send a tingle up your spine:
- Only 26 percent of businesses regularly put a call to action in their tweets.
- Fifty-six percent of customer tweets to companies are ignored.
- Companies respond to only 30 percent of the feedback their customers offer on social media.
But the news isn’t all bad:
- Sixty-two percent of marketers say social media has become more vital to their marketing campaigns.
- Almost 90 percent (87 percent) of companies around the world have a presence on Facebook and Twitter.
Check out the graphic for more: