Facebook affects our lives in many ways.
It keeps track of life events, reminds us to send gifts to friends and family members on their birthdays, offers games, and connects us with our favorite brands. We can send messages, build farms and invite people to events.
[FREE DOWNLOAD: How to manage online feedback and brand reputation]
Have you ever wondered how the Facebook world compares to the real world?
Woobox.com was curious, and created an infographic comparing the two. Here’s what it found:
- There are more Facebook profiles created every second than there are people born.
- Twenty-five percent of Facebook users don’t bother with privacy settings. Eighty-three percent of homeowners don’t bother with home security systems.
- CityVille is the most popular game on Facebook. Monopoly is the most popular game in the real world.
- A mere 1 percent of the world’s languages are spoken on Facebook. (There are 6,500 languages in the world, and 70 of them are available on Facebook.)
- The number of fake Facebook accounts is roughly equal to the population of Egypt.
Check out the graphic for more.