Wisdom from actress Zooey Deschanel: “In an ideal world, no one would talk before 10 a.m. People would just hug, because waking up is really hard.”
For a lot of us, waking up is hard.
Becoming a morning person isn’t impossible, an infographic from Greatist promises. With a few tweaks to your daily routine, you can wake up fresh-faced and ready to start the day.
Here are some of the infographic’s recommendations:
1. Get better sleep: If you don’t get enough sleep, you’ll have a hard time waking up. Taking a warm shower, listening to white noise or calming music, and shutting off electronics an hour before you go to sleep can calm your body and prepare it for a sound slumber.
2. Wake up right: Yes, there is a right way to wake up. Here are a couple of habits you should adopt:
- Change your alarm clock’s settings so you wake up to happy music, not a blaring buzzer.
- Don’t lie in bed after the alarm goes off. As soon as you wake up, get out of bed and start moving. This will naturally make your body feel more energetic.
3. Eat a better breakfast: A healthy breakfast gives you energy for the entire morning. No more mid-morning slumps for you.
5. Reward yourself: Give yourself something to look forward to when you wake up. Sometimes just knowing your alarm clock will awaken you with your favorite song is enough to help you start your day with a smile.
There are even more early-riser tips in the infographic. Check it out: