Twitter has 271 million monthly active users, yet only 34 percent of marketers use Twitter to bring in leads, an infographic from HubSpot and Market Domination Media says.
Just think of all those potential customers you’re missing out on.
If you’re not turning your Twitter followers into customers, it’s time to start. The infographic lists 12 tactics that can help.
Here are a few to try:
1. Write clearly. Clearly written tweets get 18 percent more clicks than vague, confusing copy.
2. Tweet links. Clicking links is the biggest way users engage with tweets. Link clicks account for 92 percent of all user engagement on Twitter.
3. Respond quickly. Fifty-three percent of Twitter users expect a response from a brand within an hour-as do 72 percent of users looking to complain.
4. Schedule late-night tweets. The best time for retweets is between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. Eastern, so schedule your tweets in this hour.
5. Recycle tweets. HubSpot’s research found that two identical tweets receive almost the same amount of clicks. Save yourself some work, and reuse content.
To see the rest of the tactics, check out the infographic: